Friday, September 25, 2009

Rejoice!

So many reasons to rejoice on this beautiful afternoon!

1. My LSA abstract was accepted! The Linguistic Society of America's annual meeting in January is the official big conference for my field, and it looks really impressive to have presented there. It's also where all the academic jobs interview, so if you're planning to graduate, you basically have to go whether you present or not. I got accepted as a poster, which is great. I know in some other fields, everyone does a poster; but in linguistics, a poster is a step down in prestige from a presentation. But I'm actually quite happy doing a poster, because (a) only people who really actually are interested will check it out and talk to me, and (b) I wasn't expecting to be accepted at all :)

2. I got the book I've been waiting on!


I was hoping and praying that it would be able to give me the instruction I needed to do the appropriate statistics for my research...

3. And so far it has! Today I was able to run the mixed method ANOVA on my duration data. It was an A x (B x C), if that means anything to you. It does to me now! And two (of the possible six) factors/interactions were significant! Whoo-hoo!

Now I just have to figure out what exactly that means :)

4. It's Friday! And I know this isn't the case for many grad students, but I take the weekends off! In fact, I've got to run and shower now - I have a hot date with my husband tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment